Tuesday, September 15, 2009

You found WHAT ......Where???


Last week was 9/11. I did not know anyone personally that was lost that day, but my husband is a fire fighter and I am so proud of all the people that serve this country. I was listening to a local radio station yesterday morning and what I heard was alarming ~ but not so very surprising. A woman had called in. She was traveling by plane from the RDU to I believe somewhere on the west coast and even had to change planes. She had a laptop {her sons} that was her carry-on ~ here at RDU she pulled the laptop out from the bag and placed both on the conveyor belt at the security stop. Everything looked good and she boarded her plane. Her trip was great. As she prepared to pack up to head home, she began to pack up the laptop. She opened one of the side compartments on the laptop bag and found a SIX inch pocket knife!!!! This bag had not left her side during her whole vacation....which means that it was there when she went through security in RDU...and their X-Ray machine did NOT pick up on it. THIS FREAKS ME OUT!!!! If this got through....what else is getting through???? I truly do not believe that after 8 years, we are any better protected from an attack. Next time I fly, I will most definitely be praying the WHOLE flight.....

1 comment:

HeatherPride said...

Oh, that is a tad bit alarming! I guess it's a good thing I don't fly that much!